APhA Awards and Honors Program
APhA Awards and Honors Program:
The APhA Awards and Honors Program is the profession’s most comprehensive recognition program. Over the years, APhA has recognized numerous individuals, organizations, and schools/colleges of pharmacy for their contributions to advancing the profession of pharmacy. Through its awards program, APhA believes it can stimulate research, practice innovations, quality publications, and leadership development that will improve medication use and advance patient care.
2021 APhA Awards and Honors Program timeline:
June 15, 2020: APhA nominations process opens.
June 15–September 1, 2020: Nominations accepted via online submission. Nominations will not be accepted by any other means.
December 2020: Award recipients announced.
March 12–15, 2021: 2021 APhA Award recipients recognized at APhA2021 virtually.
Provided below is a listing of professionwide, practitioner, and scientific awards that APhA presents. Learn more about each award by visiting its webpage. Award pages will be updated in early 2021.
Professionwide, practitioner, and scientific awards offered by APhA:
- Remington Honor Medal
- Hugo H. Schaefer Award
- Hubert H. Humphrey Award
- Good Government Pharmacist-of-the-Year Award
- Honorary Membership
- Honorary President
- Gloria Niemeyer Francke Leadership Mentor Award
- H.A.B. Dunning Award
- Fellows of the American Pharmacists Association
- Distinguished Federal Pharmacist Award
- Distinguished New Practitioner Award
- Community Pharmacy Residency Excellence in Precepting Award
- Generation Rx Award of Excellence
- APhA-APPM Daniel B. Smith Practice Excellence Award
- APhA-APPM Thomas E. Menighan Pharmacy Management Excellence Award
- APhA-APPM Distinguished Achievement awards
- APhA-APPM William H. Briner Distinguished Achievement Award in Nuclear Pharmacy Practice
- APhA-APPM Presentation Merit Award
- APhA-APRS Takeru Higuchi Research Prize
*Recognized no more than once every 3 years. Nominations process open in 2020 for 2021 recipient
- APhA-APRS Ebert Prize
- APhA-APRS The Tyler Prize for Stimulation of Research
*Recognized no more than once every 3 years. Nominations process open in 2022 for 2023 recipient
- APhA-APRS Research Achievement Award in the Pharmaceutical Sciences
- APhA-APRS Wiederholt Prize for Best Published Paper Award for Economic, Social, and Administrative Sciences
- APhA-APRS Clinical Research Paper Award
- APhA-APRS Postgraduate Best Paper Award
- Kilmer Prize
Students and faculty, learn more about APhA Academy of Student Pharmacists (APhA-ASP) Awards & Scholarships.
Interested in learning about previous award recipients? See electronically archived Recognition of Excellence Award Booklets from prior years below:
- 2019 APhA In Recognition of Excellence Awards Booklet.
- 2018 APhA In Recognition of Excellence Awards Booklet.
If you have any questions regarding the APhA Awards Program, you may reach the APhA Awards administration staff at firstname.lastname@example.org.