Preceptor SIG Community
To create a professional network of pharmacists who share an interest in any or all aspects of precepting student pharmacists and/or pharmacy residents.
To create an interactive community where pharmacists who precept students and residents have the opportunity to communicate and get feedback on precepting strategies, precepting challenges and solutions, and opportunities for preceptor growth and development. This community will also serve as a conduit for APhA to a) identify practice-based teaching models that support the advancement of patient-care services and b) address training and development needs of preceptor pharmacists in order to continually improve the quality of experiential teaching within the profession of pharmacy.
APhA-APPM SIG Leaders
APhA-APPM Preceptor SIG 2022-23 Committees
- Communications Committee
- Increase member activity and discussion on Engage platform by following a posting schedule.
- Collaborate with NPM Communications Committee.
- Develop a suggested reading list and foster discussion through Engage/NPM social media accounts - Shared between committees.
- Education Committee
- Finalize Preceptor Toolkit deliverables by March 2022.
- Develop webinar on layered learning, EPAs, providing feedback, or other relevant topic(s).
- Develop a suggested reading list and foster discussion
Call for Committee Leaders and Members
Visit our Volunteer page to review available member volunteer opportunities and to submit an application for consideration.
Questions? Contact the SIG Coordinator
APhA-APPM Preceptor SIG New Practitioner Spotlight
Each month, the Preceptor SIG will highlight the activities and accomplishments of a New Practitioner member.
Access Resources Created by the SIG