Through a conscious effort to minimize our environmental footprint and realizing the value of going "green," APhA has laid the foundation for obtaining Leadership in Energy and Environmental Design, or LEED, certification. LEED certification verifies that a building project meets rigorous standards for sustainable design in the areas of sustainable sites, water efficiency, energy and atmosphere, materials and resources, and indoor environmental quality.
Some of the green features of APhA headquarters include:
- Bike racks
- Preferred parking for low-emitting and fuel-efficient vehicles
- 50% of site area beyond building footprint is vegetated open space
- High-efficiency irrigation system and low-flow water fixtures
- High-efficiency heating and cooling systems that reduce energy use by 25%
- Comprehensive recycling program
- 10% of building material manufactured and harvested from within 500 miles of the site
- 10% of the materials made from recycled content
- Building systems provide 30% more outside air than is required
Visit our Career Page!