Oath of a Pharmacist
The revised Oath was adopted by the AACP Board of Directors and the APhA Board of Trustees in November 2021. AACP member institutions should plan to use the revised Oath of a Pharmacist during the 2021-22 academic year and with spring 2022 graduates.
"I promise to devote myself to a lifetime of service to others through the profession of pharmacy. In fulfilling this vow:
- I will consider the welfare of humanity and relief of suffering my primary concerns.
- I will promote inclusion, embrace diversity, and advocate for justice to advance health equity.
- I will apply my knowledge, experience, and skills to the best of my ability to assure optimal outcomes for all patients.
- I will respect and protect all personal and health information entrusted to me.
- I will accept the responsibility to improve my professional knowledge, expertise, and self-awareness.
- I will hold myself and my colleagues to the highest principles of our profession’s moral, ethical and legal conduct.
- I will embrace and advocate changes that improve patient care.
- I will utilize my knowledge, skills, experiences, and values to prepare the next generation of pharmacists.
I take these vows voluntarily with the full realization of the responsibility with which I am entrusted by the public.”