Meet APhA Executive Resident Lauren Howell
Hey y’all! My name is Lauren Howell, PharmD, and I am a recent graduate of the University of South Carolina College of Pharmacy. During pharmacy school, I developed an interest in administration, quality improvement, and management. This led me to pursue a master of healthcare administration degree that I am working to complete in the next year. In pharmacy school, I was involved in APhA–ASP, Kappa Epsilon, and Christian Pharmacists Fellowship International. I worked at a small, independent pharmacy and absolutely loved building relationships with the patients.
When I’m not at school or work, I love visiting coffee shops, reading, shopping, and running. I just married my husband, Brady, and we are both enjoying exploring the DC area with our dog, Gambit.
Five questions for Lauren
1. Which Disney character is most like you? Any princess. I’m a major girly girl and love anything that sparkles
2. What two items would you have on a deserted island? The Bible and a pair of sparkly tennis shoes
3. Which season is your favorite? Summer, because of beach and pool days.
4. What is your favorite meal? Stuffed mushrooms, chicken madeira, and lemon raspberry cream cheesecake from The Cheesecake Factory.
5. What have you enjoyed most as the Publishing resident? I always get to work on something different and learn something new. No two days are the same, which makes work more fun!
For more information on the APhA Executive Postgraduate Training Program and how to apply for the 2023-2024 cohort, go to www.pharmacist.com/Career/Residencies/APhA-Executive-Post-Graduate-Training.