Immunizing Pharmacists SIG Community
The APhA-APPM Immunizing Pharmacists Special Interest Group (SIG) provides an opportunity for leadership development and involvement of immunizing pharmacists in the Academy’s policy, advocacy, and awards processes.
The purpose of the APhA-APPM Immunizing Pharmacists SIG provides members with leadership development support, as well as opportunities to Engage in the policy, education, and awards and recognition processes important to immunizing pharmacists.
APhA-APPM Immunizing Pharmacists SIG Leaders
APhA-APPM Immunizing SIG 2022-23 Committees
- Implement one activity to increase awareness of immunizations, advocate for patients, and/or advocate for pharmacists providing immunizations
- Develop and/or compile resources for pharmacists to utilize to promote the roles of pharmacists, student pharmacists, and pharmacy technicians as an immunization resource and provider at the state level
- Lead in promoting the SIG PAC Challenge on Engage Community.
- Encourage immunizing pharmacy technicians to join the SIG.
- Suggest, draft, and submit one new business item to APhA-APPM for consideration by the 2022 House of Delegates
- Create a regular posting schedule for the Engage community on various immunization topics and cases to generate discussion and Engagement among SIG members.
- Continue Invisible Superheros recognition program in order to recognize SIG members at regular intervals (at least quarterly) throughout the year.
- Promote immunization related awards (APhA and broader scope) and consider nominating SIG members for recognition.
Immunization Reference Guide Task Force
- Update the Immunization Quick Reference Guide for publication
Travel Health Guide Task Force
- Update the Travel Health Guide for publication.
- Update the Extended Travel Health Guide for publication.
Webinar Task Force
- Develop one webinar on the topic of immunizations.
Call for Committee Leaders and Members
Visit our Volunteer page to review available member volunteer opportunities and to submit an application for consideration.
Questions? Contact the SIG Coordinator