APhA-ASP House of Delegates
The House of Delegates is the policy‑making body of the APhA Academy of Student Pharmacists (APhA-ASP), an official Academy of the American Pharmacists Association. With representation at every school and college of pharmacy, APhA‑ASP is the collective voice of student pharmacists in the United States and Puerto Rico. The House is comprised of one delegate from each school or college of pharmacy, four APhA-ASP National Executive Committee members, and observers from student pharmacist and other health professional organizations.
APhA-ASP National Officer Elections
Serving as an American Pharmacists Association Academy of Student Pharmacists (APhA-ASP) National Officer is rewarding, both professionally and personally. Elected officers who choose to serve their profession have the personal satisfaction of knowing that they have been elected by their colleagues to represent them in their national professional organization. At times, serving as an elected officer may be a very difficult and demanding position, but the position is meant to complement, not compete with educational responsibilities. An elected officer's education always takes the higher priority.
The Regulations and Procedures for APhA-ASP National Officer elections serve as the official guidelines for the APhA-ASP House of Delegates Rules of Procedures, APhA-ASP Nominations Committee, APhA-ASP House of Delegates, and those candidates wishing to seek national office. The regulations and procedures are reviewed annually by the APhA-ASP National Executive Committee and may be revised as necessary.
2021-2022 APhA-ASP National Officer elections will be conducted in an online format. All of the guidelines and procedures have been adapted. Candidates will be notified as soon as possible of changes to the elections or responsibilities of national office.
If you have any questions or concerns regarding the application for APhA-ASP National Office or the following regulations and procedures, please contact:
Crystal Atwell, PharmD
APhA Director of Student & New Practitioner Development
Email Address: CAtwell@APhAnet.org
- Election Regulations & National Officer Responsibilities (all candidates must review)
- 2021-2022 APhA-ASP National Officer Application (online form)
APhA-ASP House of Delegates - 2021 Information Coming Soon
Due to the cancellation of the APhA2020 Annual Meeting (March 20 - 23), the APhA-ASP House of Delegates will be conducted in two separate phases. The first phase was the APhA-ASP National Officer Elections, which took place virtually from Friday, March 20 - Thursday, April 2. The second phase will be the APhA-ASP Policy Process which will occur via virtual regional caucuses, open hearings, and a live APhA-ASP House of Delegates on Wednesday, September 23.
Chapter Delegate Registration
- Chapter Delegate Registration - Due by 11:59 pm PDT on Monday, September 21
Chapters may only submit the name of one (1) student pharmacist member to serve as the Chapter's Delegate and the name of one (1) student pharmacist member to serve as the Chapter's Alternate Delegate. Links will be sent to all APhA-ASP Chapter Delegates on the morning of Tuesday, September 22.
APhA-ASP House of Delegates - Policy Reports
- Report of the 2020 APhA-ASP Resolutions Committee - Resolutions Only - PDF
- Report of the 2020 APhA-ASP Resolutions Committee - Full Report - PDF
- Report of the 2020 APhA-ASP Reference & New Business Review Committees - PDF
APhA-ASP House of Delegates - Chapter Delegate Orientation
- Chapter Delegate Orientation Webinar (Recording) (Conducted on Wednesday, March 4, 2020)
- Chapter Delegate Orientation Video for Virtual House - September 23, 2020
Information presented during the Chapter Delegate Orientation was based on an in-person House of Delegates Session, however the content regarding amendment procedure will still be followed during the virtual House Session.
APhA-ASP House of Delegates Agenda and New Business Item Form
Chapter Delegate Materials
- APhA-ASP House of Delegates - Rules of Procedure - PDF
- APhA-ASP House of Delegates Guide - PDF
- Overview and Glossary of Terms - PDF
- How to Approach the Microphone During the House Sessions - PDF
- Robert's Rules of Order - Cheat Sheet - PDF
APhA-ASP Adopted Resolutions (Policy Book) and "The Capsule"
APhA-ASP Adopted Resolutions begin as ideas brought forth from individual members to their chapter. After much discussion on the chapter, regional, and national levels, the most prominent ideas are brought to the APhA-ASP House of Delegates during the APhA Annual Meeting each spring. Once passed by the House, those ideas become resolutions representing the collective voice of student pharmacists. Those resolutions are then addressed by the APhA-ASP Policy Standing Committee and APhA-ASP National Executive Committee for further action.
- APhA-ASP Adopted Resolutions (Current Version for APhA2020) - Word Doc
- APhA-ASP "The Capsule": Policy Process in Detail (updated August 2019) - PDF
APhA-ASP MRM Closing Business Session Reports
While reviewing each of the proposed resolutions passed at the APhA-ASP Midyear Regional Meetings, the APhA-ASP Resolutions Committee develops a ranked list of policy proposals. After 3 rounds of discussion, the Committee develops a consensus on the top issues and develops their report of proposed resolutions that will be brought before the APhA-ASP House of Delegates at the APhA Annual Meeting & Exposition. Appendix A of the APhA-ASP Resolutions Committee Report provides a reason code as well as a percentage of where all of the proposed resolutions ranked within the Committee's deliberations.
- Report of the 2020 APhA-ASP Resolutions Committee - Appendix A - PDF (ranking and feedback from MRM2019 - Available in October 2020)
PharmFlix Video Contest Voting - Conducted March 27
- APhA-ASP PharmFlix Video Contest - List of Nominees and Links to Videos
- APhA-ASP PharmFlix Video Contest - List of Nominees - Word Doc
Voting for the PharmFlix Most Humorous, Most Inspirational, and Best Overall Picture occurred during the first ballot of the APhA-ASP National Officer Candidates on Friday, March 27.
Results of the APhA-ASP PharmFlix Video Contest can be found on the APhA2020 Virtual Site