APhA-ASP House of Delegates
The House of Delegates is the policy‑making body of the APhA Academy of Student Pharmacists (APhA-ASP), an official Academy of the American Pharmacists Association. With representation at every school and college of pharmacy, APhA‑ASP is the collective voice of student pharmacists in the United States and Puerto Rico. The House is comprised of one delegate from each school or college of pharmacy, four APhA-ASP National Executive Committee members, and observers from student pharmacist and other health professional organizations.
APhA-ASP House of Delegates Reports
- Report of the APhA-ASP Resolutions Committee - Full Report - PDF (with background statements)
- Report of the APhA-ASP Resolutions Committee - PDF (without background statements)
- Report of the APhA-ASP Reference & New Business Review Committees
- Report of the APhA-ASP Nominating Committee (Available March 23, 2019 - 11:00 pm PT)
APhA-ASP House of Delegates Registration and Orientation
- Chapter Delegate Credentials Form (Registration) (due by Wednesday, March 20, 2019 at 11:59 pm PT)
- Chapter Delegate Orientation Webinar (Registration) (Wednesday, March 13, 2019 from 9:00 pm - 10:30 pm ET)
APhA-ASP House of Delegates Agenda and New Business Item Form
- APhA-ASP House of Delegates Agenda - PDF
- APhA-ASP New Business Item Form - Word Doc (due by Thursday, March 21, 2019 at 5:00 pm PT)
PharmFlix Video Contest
- APhA-ASP PharmFlix Video Contest - List of Nominees and Links to Videos
- APhA-ASP PharmFlix Video Contest - List of Nominees - Word Doc
Voting for the PharmFlix Most Humorous, Most Inspirational, and Best Overall Picture will occur during the First House Session on Saturday.
APhA-ASP National Officer Elections
- Election Regulations & National Officer Responsibilities
- National Officer Candidates (scroll to the bottom of the APhA2019 page)
- Voters Guide
Voting for your APhA-ASP National Officers will occur during the Final House Session on Sunday.
Chapter Delegate Materials
- APhA-ASP House of Delegates - Rules of Procedure - PDF
- APhA-ASP House of Delegates Guide - PDF
- Overview and Glossary of Terms - PDF
- How to Approach the Microphone During the House Sessions - PDF
- Robert's Rules of Order - Cheat Sheet - PDF
APhA-ASP Adopted Resolutions (Policy Book) and "The Capsule"
APhA-ASP Adopted Resolutions begin as ideas brought forth from individual members to their chapter. After much discussion on the chapter, regional, and national levels, the most prominent ideas are brought to the APhA-ASP House of Delegates during the APhA Annual Meeting each spring. Once passed by the House, those ideas become resolutions representing the collective voice of student pharmacists. Those resolutions are then addressed by the APhA-ASP Policy Standing Committee and APhA-ASP National Executive Committee for further action.
- APhA-ASP Adopted Resolutions (Updated September 2017) - Word Doc
- APhA-ASP "The Capsule": Policy Process in Detail (updated August 2017) - PDF
APhA-ASP MRM Closing Business Session Reports
While reviewing each of the proposed resolutions passed at the APhA-ASP Midyear Regional Meetings, the APhA-ASP Resolutions Committee develops a ranked list of policy proposals. After 3 rounds of discussion, the Committee develops a consensus on the top issues and develops their report of proposed resolutions that will be brought before the APhA-ASP House of Delegates at the APhA Annual Meeting & Exposition. Appendix A of the APhA-ASP Resolutions Committee Report provides a reason code as well as a percentage of where all of the proposed resolutions ranked within the Committee's deliberations.
- Report of the APhA-ASP Resolutions Committee - Appendix A - PDF (ranking and feedback from MRMs)