APhA-ASP House of Delegates
The House of Delegates is the policy‑making body of the APhA Academy of Student Pharmacists (APhA-ASP), an official Academy of the American Pharmacists Association. With representation at every school and college of pharmacy, APhA‑ASP is the collective voice of student pharmacists in the United States and Puerto Rico. The House is comprised of one delegate from each school or college of pharmacy, four APhA-ASP National Executive Committee members, and observers from student pharmacist and other health professional organizations.
APhA-ASP House of Delegates - Updated Timeline
Due to the cancellation of the APhA2020 Annual Meeting (March 20 - 23), the APhA-ASP House of Delegates will now be conducted in two separate phases. The first phase is the APhA-ASP National Officer Elections, which will take place virtually from Friday, March 20 - Thursday, April 2. The second phase will be the APhA-ASP Policy Process which will occur via virtual regional caucuses and open hearings in April - June and a live APhA-ASP House of Delegates on Thursday, July 9 prior to the start of the APhA-ASP Summer Leadership Institute.
Chapter Delegate Registration - For APhA-ASP National Officer Elections Only
- Chapter Delegate Registration - Due by 5:00pm PT on Thursday, March 26
Chapters may only submit the name of one (1) student pharmacist member to serve as the Chapter's Delegate. Ballots will be sent to the APhA-ASP Chapter Delegates on the morning of Friday, March 27.
APhA-ASP National Officer Elections
- Election Regulations & National Officer Responsibilities
- National Officer Candidate Videos and Election Information
- National Officer Candidate Election Guide
- Report of the APhA-ASP Nominating Committee
Voting for the APhA-ASP National Officers will occur on the following days:
- Round 1 – Friday, March 27 (8:00 am-11:59 pm PT)
- Round 2 (if necessary) – Monday, March 30 (8:00 am-11:59 pm PT)
- Round 3 (if necessary) – Wednesday, April 1 (8:00 am-11:59 pm PT)
Results of the APhA-ASP National Officer Candidates will be disclosed on Thursday, April 2.
PharmFlix Video Contest
- APhA-ASP PharmFlix Video Contest - List of Nominees and Links to Videos
- APhA-ASP PharmFlix Video Contest - List of Nominees - Word Doc
Voting for the PharmFlix Most Humorous, Most Inspirational, and Best Overall Picture will be on the first ballot of the APhA-ASP National Officer Candidates on Friday, March 27.
APhA-ASP House of Delegates - Policy Reports
- Report of the 2020 APhA-ASP Resolutions Committee - Full Report - PDF (with background statements - Available in April 2020)
- Report of the 2020 APhA-ASP Resolutions Committee - PDF (without background statements - Available in April 2020)
- Report of the 2020 APhA-ASP Reference & New Business Review Committees (Available on or before July 1, 2020)
APhA-ASP House of Delegates - Chapter Delegate Orientation
- Chapter Delegate Orientation Webinar (Recording) (Conducted on Wednesday, March 4, 2020)
APhA-ASP House of Delegates Agenda and New Business Item Form
- APhA-ASP House of Delegates Agenda - PDF (original planned agenda for APhA2020)
- APhA-ASP New Business Item Form - Word Doc (was due by Thursday, March 19, 2020 at 5:00 pm ET)
Chapter Delegate Materials
- APhA-ASP House of Delegates - Rules of Procedure - PDF
- APhA-ASP House of Delegates Guide - PDF
- Overview and Glossary of Terms - PDF
- How to Approach the Microphone During the House Sessions - PDF
- Robert's Rules of Order - Cheat Sheet - PDF
APhA-ASP Adopted Resolutions (Policy Book) and "The Capsule"
APhA-ASP Adopted Resolutions begin as ideas brought forth from individual members to their chapter. After much discussion on the chapter, regional, and national levels, the most prominent ideas are brought to the APhA-ASP House of Delegates during the APhA Annual Meeting each spring. Once passed by the House, those ideas become resolutions representing the collective voice of student pharmacists. Those resolutions are then addressed by the APhA-ASP Policy Standing Committee and APhA-ASP National Executive Committee for further action.
- APhA-ASP Adopted Resolutions (Current Version for APhA2020) - Word Doc
- APhA-ASP "The Capsule": Policy Process in Detail (updated August 2019) - PDF
APhA-ASP MRM Closing Business Session Reports
While reviewing each of the proposed resolutions passed at the APhA-ASP Midyear Regional Meetings, the APhA-ASP Resolutions Committee develops a ranked list of policy proposals. After 3 rounds of discussion, the Committee develops a consensus on the top issues and develops their report of proposed resolutions that will be brought before the APhA-ASP House of Delegates at the APhA Annual Meeting & Exposition. Appendix A of the APhA-ASP Resolutions Committee Report provides a reason code as well as a percentage of where all of the proposed resolutions ranked within the Committee's deliberations.
- Report of the 2020 APhA-ASP Resolutions Committee - Appendix A - PDF (ranking and feedback from MRM2019 - Available in April 2020)