Meet APhA Executive Resident Brooke Whittington
Hi, my name is Brooke Whittington, PharmD, and I graduated from the University of Arizona R. K. Coit College of Pharmacy in May. I found a love for pharmacy and patient advocacy through involvement in my college’s APhA–ASP Chapter. I was also an Arizona Area Health Education Scholar and through this program, I found a love and appreciation for rural health.
I am ecstatic that I get to work with an association that I am passionate about and learn from the incredible staff in the APhA Education Department. I am also thrilled to live and experience Washington, DC, and be in the center of where the mission thrives.
In my free time, I love spending quality time with loved ones, especially my dog and two cats. I enjoy traveling, Pilates, going to live concert and theatre events, and trying new foods.
Five questions for Brooke
1. Which Disney character is most like you? Remy from Ratatouille. I resonate with his passion for good food.
2. What two items would you have on a deserted island? My phone—not only will I attempt to contact someone to get off the island, but it also has everything on it (my photos/videos, books, notes, music, podcasts, camera). And a solar powered speaker to fill the silence.
3. Which season is your favorite? Fall, because it’s the most beautiful time to go outside.
4. What is your favorite meal? Chicken tikka masala with garlic naan.
5. What have you enjoyed most as an Education resident? Working in the APhA Education Department, I am able to use my clinical knowledge while having some creative liberties to create content for our members. It enables my passion for lifelong learning, and being at the forefront of health care innovation and technology. I also love getting the opportunity to work with subject matter experts from all different specialties and project manage many different products, such as our certificate training programs.
For more information on the APhA Executive Postgraduate Training Program and how to apply for the 2023-2024 cohort, go to www.pharmacist.com/Career/Residencies/APhA-Executive-Post-Graduate-Training.