Who We Are
Founded in 1852, APhA is the largest association of pharmacists in the United States, with more than 62,000 practicing pharmacists, pharmaceutical scientists, student pharmacists, pharmacy technicians as members. APhA is the organization whose members are recognized in society as essential in all patient care settings for optimal medication use that improves health, wellness, and quality of life. Through information, education, and advocacy APhA empowers its members to improve medication use and advance patient care by:
- Providing timely and accurate information that is vital to our members.
- Raising societal awareness about the role of pharmacists as essential in patient care for optimal medication use.
- Providing state-of-the-art resources to enhance our members' continuing professional development.
- Educating and influencing legislators, policy makers, regulators, and the public to advance our vision and mission.
- Creating unique opportunities for our members to connect and share with their peers across practice settings.
APhA is leading the charge to make sure that pharmacists are recognized as healthcare providers and compensated for the growing number of services they provide. Listen how the APhA team is working for you.
APhA is working in collaboration with many other healthcare organizations to shape the future of pharmacy. Watch the video.
Strengthening pharmacists skill sets and innovating new training techniques are just a few of the ways APhA is helping members to improve patient care and outcomes. APhA is looking forward to continually developing new trendsetting models to create more successful practices for today’s pharmacist.