Test Your Knowledge: Immunization Delivery
Activity Type: Knowledge-based
Target Audience: Pharmacists in all practice settings
- Explain the recent expansion of the role of pharmacists as vaccine providers and describe the status of pharmacists’ authorization to administer vaccines throughout the United States.
- Describe the characteristics of various vaccine types and the rationale for the timing of these vaccines.
- Describe the clinical features and potential complications of diseases and the vaccines used to prevent them.
- Identify vaccines on an immunization schedule from the Advisory Committee on Immunization Practices with their appropriate timing, doses, and routes of administration.
- Describe important considerations when deciding which vaccines to offer.
- Describe the benefits of vaccines and the common concerns about vaccines.
The American Pharmacists Association is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Pharmacy Education (ACPE) as a provider of continuing pharmacy education. Test Your Knowledge: Immunization Delivery is approved for 2 contact hours (0.2 CEUs) of continuing pharmacy education (CPE) credit. The ACPE Universal Activity Number (UAN) for this activity is 0202-0000-17-253-H06-P.
Release Date: October 26, 2017
Expiration Date: October 31, 2018 - PLEASE NOTE: NO Home Study credit granted after this date
Program completion requirements
To earn continuing pharmacy education (CPE) credit and/or a Letter of Completion, participants must meet all the following requirements:
- Complete the five learning reinforcement exercises.
- Complete the program assessment and evaluation. Participants must achieve a passing score of 70% or better on the assessment for successful completion.
- Credit must be claimed in order to obtain credit.
- Participants will need to have a valid APhA (pharmacist.com) username and password, as well as a CPE Monitor account to claim credit. After credit has been claimed, please visit CPE monitor for your transcript.
- The Letter of Completion will be available online upon successful completion of the necessary activity requirements on the participant’s My Training page.
APhA continuing pharmacy education policy provides you with two opportunities to successfully complete a continuing pharmacy education assessment. Please note that you will not be permitted to submit an assessment a third time. The current policy of the APhA Education Department is not to release the correct answers to any of our CPE tests. This is intended to maintain the integrity of the CPE activity and the assessment.
Test Your Knowledge: Immunization Delivery was developed by the American Pharmacists Association. Copyright © 2017 by the American Pharmacists Association.