APhA Foundation Names 2016 Student Scholarship Program Recipients
The American Pharmacists Association (APhA) Foundation today announced the recipients of its 2016 Student Scholarship Program. The student scholarships are awarded to recognize exceptional demonstration of leadership skills and academics through active involvement in the APhA Academy of Student Pharmacists (APhA-ASP).
The program received a record 92 applications from 62 schools and colleges of pharmacy in 34 states. The chosen recipients represent each of the 8 APhA-ASP regions. The 2016 recipients are:
- Anjoli Punjabi – University of Minnesota College of Pharmacy, Marvin and Joanell Dyrstad Scholarship
- Drew Register – University of Louisiana at Monroe College of Pharmacy, John A. Gans Scholarship
- Elissa Lechtenstein – University of Maryland School of Pharmacy, Mary Louise Andersen Scholarship
- Farima Fakheri Raof – Nova Southeastern University College of Pharmacy, Gloria Francke Scholarship
- Gina Fu – Shenandoah University School of Pharmacy, Juan and Esperanza Luna Scholarship
- Jared Frye – Wingate University School of Pharmacy, Paul Pumpian Scholarship
- Jenner Minto – The University of Montana Skaggs School of Pharmacy and Allied Health Sciences, Boyle Family Scholarship
- Jennifer Levine – The University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill Eshelman School of Pharmacy, Charles C. Thomas Scholarship
- Kayla Joyal – Northeastern University School of Pharmacy, Sam Kalman Scholarship
- Kelsey Japs – Drake University College of Pharmacy and Health Sciences, George F. Archambault Scholarship
- Paria Sanaty Zadeh – University of Wisconsin School of Pharmacy, APhA Foundation Scholarship
- Salematou Traore – University of Maryland Eastern Shore School of Pharmacy, Mary Munson Runge Scholarship
- Susan Lee – Loma Linda University School of Pharmacy, Robert D. Gibson Scholarship
The recipients will be recognized at the APhA Foundation Contributors’ Breakfast during the 2016 APhA Annual Meeting and Exposition in Baltimore on Monday, March 7. A video will honor the recipients during the APhA-ASP Opening General Session on Friday, March 4.
The scholarships recognize those students who choose to invest their time through active involvement in their school’s APhA-ASP chapter. These exceptional students help shape the future of the pharmacy profession while managing the demands of a full-time curriculum. Student scholarship recipients are selected by the dedicated members of the Student Scholarship Review Committee. The 2016 review committee included Nancy Alvarez, Cynthia Boyle, Elizabeth Johnson, Pamela Koss Justice, Lisa Martin, Marissa Salvo, April Shaughnessy, Angela Olenik, and also Jean Cottrell for her input on the Archambault Scholar recipient. To learn more about the scholarship program, please visit www.aphafoundation.org/student-scholarship-program.