Acting FDA Commissioner Janet Woodcock to Keynote American Pharmacists Association Annual Meeting
CONTACT: Frank Fortin
WASHINGTON, DC – The American Pharmacists Association today announced the keynote speakers for APhA2021, the only annual conference that brings together all of pharmacy.
- Janet Woodcock, acting commissioner of the US Food and Drug Administration and director of the FDA's Center for Drug Evaluation and Research, will speak at the conference’s second general session on Saturday, March 13. Most recently, she was the leader of the therapeutics team for Operation Warp Speed, which evaluated the potential benefits of monoclonal antibody treatments for certain COVID-19 patients.
- Dan Schneider, the central character of last year’s acclaimed Netflix docuseries, “The Pharmacist,” will speak in an interview-style discussion with APhA President Michael Hogue. The Louisiana pharmacist will discuss his work to expose the rampant corruption behind the opioid addiction crisis. This session will take place at the conference’s opening general session on Friday, March 12.
- Liz Bohannon, entrepreneur and the author of Beginner’s Pluck: Build Your Life of Purpose, Passion and Impact Now, will wrap up the second general session on March 13. Bohannon is the founder of Sseko Designs. Since its start, it has grown from three women making sandals together under a mango tree, to an international fashion brand that provides employment, educational opportunities and entrepreneurial training to over 76 women in East Africa.
APhA2021 is the opportunity for pharmacists, pharmaceutical scientists, student pharmacists and pharmacy technicians to recharge and reconnect with colleagues from across the profession, and to reimagine pharmacy’s future. This year, the meeting will be held in an entirely virtual format from March 12 to March 15. It will feature:
- 75 education sessions, with more than 90 pharmacy continuing education credits
- Dozens of exhibitor sessions and presentation theaters
- Federal Pharmacy Forum
- Diversity & Inclusion virtual town hall
- APhA awards programs
- Virtual networking sessions
- Remington Honor Medal Award program
- A day of pre-meeting advanced training sessions: The APhA Symposium on Substance Use Disorder and Patient Well-Being; immunization training for pharmacy technicians; and a new symposium, DigitalHealth.Rx.
To learn more and to register, visit https://apha2021.pharmacist.com.