To create a professional network of pharmacists who share an interest in any or all aspects of precepting student pharmacists and/or pharmacy residents.
To create an interactive community where pharmacists who precept students and residents have the opportunity to communicate and get feedback on precepting strategies, precepting challenges and solutions, and opportunities for preceptor growth and development. This community will also serve as a conduit for APhA to a) identify practice-based teaching models that support the advancement of patient-care services and b) address training and development needs of preceptor pharmacists in order to continually improve the quality of experiential teaching within the profession of pharmacy.
APhA-APPM SIG Leaders
2018-19 SIG Committee Leaders
- Communication Committee Chair: Morgan Herring
- New Practitioner Committee Chair: Lauren Lakdawala
- Recognition Committee Chair: Jim Lile
- Preceptor Toolkit Task Force: Nicole Asal
APhA-APPM Preceptor SIG Committees
Purpose: To utilize the pharmacist.com website for communication among preceptors; to identify resource needs among preceptors.
- Increase member activity and discussion on Engage platform by following a post schedule and ensuring post responses within 72 hours
- Promote APhA Preceptor offerings on a quarterly basis
New Practitioner Committee
Purpose: To identify needs and opportunities for new practitioner preceptors.
- Coordinate with Communications Chair to post on Engage quartery regarding new practitioner related topics
- Create resource or webinar on a precepting related topic relevant to new practitioners
Preceptor Toolkit Task Force
Purpose: To develop a valuable toolkit of learning activities for preceptors.
- Complete needs assessment for toolkit materials
- Finalize initial deliverables by March 2020
Call for Committee Leaders and Members
The APhA-APPM Preceptor is seeking APhA members to serve as Co-Chairs and Members for their 2019-20 committees. Apply today!
APhA-APPM Preceptor SIG New Practitioner Spotlight
Each month, the Preceptor SIG will highlight the activities and accomplishments of a New Practitioner member. If you would like to nominate a candidate for a future spotlight, please contact APhA-APPM Preceptor SIG New Practitioner Chair Lauren Lakdawala at email@example.com.