The 2019-20 APhA Academy of Pharmaceutical Research & Science (APhA-APRS) Goals reflect the Academy’s focus on leadership development; advancing the profession through the discovery, dissemination, and application of basic sciences, clinical sciences, and research to improve patient health outcomes; policy; and educational programming.
2019-2020 APhA-APRS Goals:
- Align APhA-APRS Academy Leadership priority goals, objectives, tactics, and action steps to the strategic plan priorities of the Association.
- Actively engage members to provide feedback, input and guidance to Staff in the completion of work products of the Association.
- Assist the Association by providing expertise to the APhA Board of Trustees and Staff on issues related to the pharmaceutical sciences and emerging issues facing the profession. (E.g. follow-on biologics, drug shortages, sustainability, pharmacy practice based research, pharmacogenomics, and careers in the pharmaceutical sciences).
- Integrate collaboration between post-graduate APhA-APRS Officer and the New Practitioner Advisory Council (NPAC).
- Develop leaders for the Association and the profession.
- Help facilitate any Academy structure changes and promote the active engagement of members within the Academy.