We Stand in Unity
We are taking a critical next step in addressing structural racism in pharmacy. Led by a diverse group of APhA members, a new task force has been appointed by the APhA Board of Trustees to lead efforts that drive action to eliminate racism, discrimination, injustice, and the marginalization of individuals within the profession and communities that APhA members serve.
American Pharmacists Month 2020
As we celebrate American Pharmacists Month, we are reminded of the oath we took, “I will consider the welfare of humanity and relief of suffering my primary concerns.” In carrying out this oath, we assume responsibility to care for those who are disproportionately suffering. Advocating against racism and all forms of discrimination will improve that care. APhA and our colleague professional societies seek to be accountable to our words by taking action to promote social justice, peace, and healing within our communities.
Read our October 9 update on actions taken to date, in progress, and for future steps of this journey.
Here’s how you can show your support:
- Read our June 5 joint statement against racial injustice
- Sign on as a supporter and share on your social channels using the tool below
- Email email@example.com with your suggestions
On social media:
- Update your Facebook profile with our Facebook Frame
- Follow, Like, and Share our message on Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, and Instagram
- Use the hashtag #PharmacistsFightingRacism