Nuclear Pharmacy Practice SIG
The mission of the APhA-APPM Nuclear Pharmacy Practice Special Interest Group (SIG) is to support its members through APhA educational programming, communication, and legislative activities in order to uphold and promote nuclear pharmacy practice, to advance pharmaceutical care, and to recognize practice excellence.
The purpose of the APhA-APPM Nuclear Pharmacy Practice SIG is to serve pharmacists involved in the specialty practice of nuclear pharmacy by providing its stakeholders an avenue in which to fulfill individual professional goals and support the goals of the Academy.
APhA-APPM Nuclear Pharmacy Practice SIG Leaders
SIG Committee Leaders
- Education Committee Chair: TBA
- Awards/Nominations Committee Chair: TBA
- Regulatory Affairs Committee Chair: TBA
- Professional Affairs Committee Chair: TBA
APhA-APPM Nuclear Pharmacy Practice SIG Committees
Purpose: To provide CPE activities to maintain and enhance nuclear pharmacy and molecular imaging competencies, and organize APhA Annual Meeting & Exposition programming via identification of session moderators and contributed paper reviewers.
Purpose: To solicit nominations for candidates and holds annual elections for the SIG co-chair position, and actively engage and support nominations for APhA-wide and Nuclear SIG-specific awards.
Regulatory Affairs Committee
Purpose: To create and promote a clear identity for our regulatory efforts within APhA, and help shape the regulatory environment and policy using the expertise of members.
Professional Affairs Committee
Purpose: To develop position statements on matters that impact the practice of nuclear pharmacy, as appropriate, and develop guides that represent a uniformity of practice standards for nuclear pharmacy practice.
New Practitioner Committee
Purpose: To engage students and new practitioners with the nuclear pharmacy specialty via newsletters and electronic media, and encourage awareness and involvement through nuclear rotation listings and board certification study groups.
Nuclear Pharmacy Practice Resources
- APhA Nuclear Pharmacy Compounding Guidelines
- APhA Nuclear Pharmacy Technician Certification Guidelines
- Pharmacy Today spotlight on Nuclear Pharmacy: "Nuclear pharmacists essential to the Mass General patient care team"
- Radiopharmaceutical Vendor Qualification Checklist
- Please visit APhA's Nuclear Pharmacy Resources Page for additional resources.