The GenerationRx Award of Excellence was established in 2011 to recognize a pharmacist who has demonstrated a commitment to the mission of substance abuse education. This award is made possible through a restricted endowment from the Cardinal Health Foundation.
The nominee must be an APhA pharmacist member. Self-nominations are allowed for this award. Current members of the APhA Award Committee are not eligible. Applications will be evaluated based upon the following criteria (listed alphabetically, not in rank order):
• Community service
• Impact on the profession through commitment to prescription drug abuse and misuse education that is targeted to youth, their parents, and older adults
• Implemented prescription drug abuse and misuse education programs in their practice site and/or community that are informed by evidence-based research
• Participation in other professional activities
The nominator is responsible for submitting a complete award nomination at the following link: Award Nomination Form. The deadline for nominations is September 1, annually.
The nomination is to include the following items:
• A letter from the nominator describing the most important achievements of the nominee and explaining why the nominee meets the criteria for the award
• One letter of recommendation is required (letters from student pharmacists are accepted); a maximum of two additional letters accepted
• A current curriculum vitae or detailed résumé
The selection is made by an award committee appointed by the APhA Board of Trustees and is based upon careful review of complete nominations and the criteria listed above.
Nature of Award
The GenerationRx Award of Excellence, endowed by Cardinal Health Foundation, is presented at the APhA Annual Meeting and consists of a crystal plaque (with the Cardinal logo), a complimentary APhA Annual Meeting registration and reimbursement for meeting-related travel expenses, according to current travel policies and up to the maximum amount budgeted by APhA.
2018 Charles Broussard
2017 Sarah T. Melton
2016 Jeffrey Bratberg
2015 Nathan A. Painter
2014 Leslie Shepard
2013 Anthony Tommasello