Fellow of the American Pharmacists Association
The APhA Fellow Award was established to honor APhA members for exemplary professional achievements in professional practice and outstanding service to the profession up to that period of time through activities in APhA and other organizations. Recipients of the APhA Fellow Award may continue to utilize the designation, FAPhA, as long as their professional license, if a licensed pharmacist, is in good standing, and they maintain their APhA membership.
2018 APhA-APPM and APhA-APRS Fellows
The designations “APhA Academy of Pharmacy Practice and Management (APhA-APPM) Fellow” and “APhA Academy of Pharmaceutical Research and Science (APhA-APRS) Fellow” to honor respective academy members for exemplary service and achievements in their professional area were established in 1987. In 1995, the APhA Board of Trustees acted to designate all fellows, regardless of their academy affiliation, as “APhA Fellows” (no academy specific designation). However, the selection of fellows is still made by the respective academies. In 1995, the board also increased the number of fellows allowed per academy per year from 5 to a maximum of 10. Nominees for recognition in 2019 must have graduated before March 2008.
• Awards and recognition
• Community service
• Impact on the profession (Innovative Practice, research, scholarly activities)
• Participation in other professional associations
• A letter from the nominator describing the most important achievements of the nominee and explaining why the nominee meets the criteria for the award is optional
• Two letters of recommendation are required; a maximum of two letters accepted. A letter from the nominator will not count towards one of the two letters required.
• A current curriculum vitae or detailed résumé