APhA offers faculty training* programs, at specific licensed partner's institutions, as requested, and annually at APhA's Annual Meeting. Registration information must be obtained from the coordinator of the licensed partner.
Requirements of licensed partner faculty for APhA Certificate Training Programs
- Affiliated with an APhA Licensed Partner
- A current pharmacist license in good standing
- Licensed as a pharmacist at least a year
- Successfully completed the APhA specific certificate training program
- Able to teach adult learners in an interactive format
- Ability to relay practical experiences regarding the particular content area
- Attend the respective APhA Faculty Training
This year, APhA's Annual Meeting will be held in Seattle, WA with the theme of Moving Pharmacy Forward! Though registration for the Annual Meeting itself is not required in order to register for one or more of the faculty training sessions, it is recommended. The Annual Meeting Faculty Training programs are only open to those licensed partners who have a signed license agreement for the respective certificate training program. For the Annual Meeting programs, the price is $250 per trainee per class, which includes materials and a Letter of Completion. Registrants will be able to register and pay for the Faculty Training class online.
Registration is Open! Approval and registration information has to be obtained from the coordinator of the licensed partner - there are no exceptions. Coordinators - the registration instructions are found in your respective Coordinator Kit(s) under Notes from APhA. The dates and times for APhA2019's offerings are below.
- Pharmacy-based Immunization Delivery Faculty Training – Saturday, March 23rd, 1:00 PM - 4:00 PM
- Pharmacy-based Cardiovascular Disease Risk Management Faculty Training – Sunday, March 24th, 7:00 AM - 8:30 AM
- Delivering MTM Services Faculty Training – Sunday, March 24th, 1:00 PM - 3:00 PM
- The Pharmacist and Patient-Centered Diabetes Care Faculty Training – Sunday, March 24th, 3:15 PM - 5:15 PM
- Pharmacy-based Travel Health Services Faculty Training - This is an on demand, web-based training program. If you are affiliated with a licensed partner, contact your coordinator for access.
If you meet the requirements, but cannot attend the APhA2019 session, please contact your organization's coordinator to be considered. If you do not know if your organization is a licensed partner of APhA or you do not know who to contact at your organization, please contact email@example.com.
If your organization or school is interested in offering any of these certificate programs to your pharmacists or student pharmacists, please contact our education office.
*formerly called Train the Trainer (TtT).