The Distinguished New Practitioner Award was established in 2010 to recognize an individual new practitioner who has demonstrated distinctive achievements in mentorship, service, and commitment to the profession of pharmacy.
2020 Distinguished New Practitioner Award recipient Sara A. Wettergreen, PharmD, BCACP
The nominee must be an APhA member pharmacist within his/her first five years after graduation. Nominees must be a New Practitioner in good standing at the time of nomination and are eligible to receive the award as an Active Pharmacist Member during the subsequent APhA Annual Meeting & Exposition. Self-nominations are allowed for this award. Applications will be evaluated based upon the following criteria (listed alphabetically, not in rank order):
• Contributions to the development of student pharmacists (e.g. serving as a New Practitioner mentor and/or assisting in APhA-ASP related activities as a preceptor, etc.)
• Impact on the profession through singular or multiple achievements (e.g., innovation, pharmacy practice, research, scholarly activities, etc.)
• Participation in other professional activities
The nominator is responsible for submitting a complete award nomination at the following link: Award Nomination Form. The deadline for nominations is November 1. The nomination is to include the following items:
• A letter from the nominator describing the most important achievements of the nominee and explaining why the nominee meets the criteria for the award
• One letter of recommendation is required (letters from student pharmacists are accepted); a maximum of two letters accepted
• A current curriculum or detailed résumé
Individuals may self nominate as well.
The selection is made by the APhA New Practitioner Advisory Committee and approved by the APhA Board of Trustees.
Nature of award
The Distinguished New Practitioner Award will be presented at the APhA Annual Meeting & Exposition and consists of a laminated plaque, a $500 honorarium, and a complimentary New Practitioner APhA Annual Meeting & Exposition registration.