The Pharmacist & Patient-Centered Diabetes Care 2020
The American Pharmacists Association is hosting virtual offerings of The Pharmacist & Patient-Centered Diabetes Care certificate training program in 2020. Supported by an educational grant from Merck, APhA will offer these special programs for only $199.
APhA’s The Pharmacist & Patient-Centered Diabetes Care certificate training program is an intensive educational experience designed to equip pharmacists with the knowledge, skills, and confidence needed to provide effective, evidence-based diabetes care. Participants will gain experience evaluating and adjusting drug therapy regimens for patients with type 1 and type 2 diabetes, counseling patients about lifestyle interventions, analyzing and interpreting self-monitoring of blood glucose results, and assessing the overall health status of patients to identify needed monitoring and interventions. This program has two components: online interactive self-study with assessment and the live seminar conducted virtually via a Zoom meeting.
In addition to enrollment in the diabetes certificate training program, your $199 registration fee will also provide you with an automatic free enrollment in APhA’s Test Your Knowledge: Diabetes Care. This free 2-hour online CPE program will be loaded onto your profile six months later and will provide you with a review of the information you experience in the certificate training program. It will also provide any up-to-date diabetes information six months following the certificate training program. You are not obligated to participate in this CPE program, but it is provided to you free as part of your enrollment in the diabetes certificate program. It is supported by a grant from Merck. Visit pharmacist.com/ctp for a list of learning objectives, faculty credentials and ACPE information.
Click FAQs - read before registering
How to register
- Scroll below and click on the desired date.
- Select desired seminar date by clicking on the link.
- Read the information about the program.
- Purchase an enrollment in the program by selecting ADD TO CART
- The $199 Program fee is non-refundable and you may not switch session dates after purchase
- Once your purchase has been made, you can begin to study. Go to Continuing Education, My Training, and scroll down to My Enrollments.
Planning for live seminar
- A few days prior to the session date you will be sent a link to the seminar. The seminar will be hosted using Zoom.
- NOTE: Late arrivals and/or leaving early would jeopardize your credit for the live component. There is no partial credit.
- IMPORTANT: During the virtual seminar we will be demonstrating blood pressure testing, discussing self-injection techniques, reviewing diabetic foot examinations, and showing proper blood glucose testing procedures. Some supplies (sodium chloride vial, insulin syringe, monofilament, alcohol swabs, Band-Aids) will be shipped to you prior to the live seminar so that you may participate by virtually demonstrating your competency in these skills. It is recommended that you secure a blood pressure cuff and stethoscope prior to the session. If you can also secure a glucose meter, strips, and lancet you will be able to demonstrate your skills from your location as the faculty discuss proper techniques. Again, APhA cannot mail participants cuffs, stethoscopes, or meters so if you are able to secure those items on your own please do so. Also note that APhA will not be mailing sharps containers so participants will be responsible for securing access to appropriate sharps disposal.
- Prior to registering for this program, please make sure that all the information on your pharmacist.com profile is current including your mailing address and preferred email address. Supplies will be mailed to the address on file and APhA will not be able to resend materials if they were mailed to an old address. The Zoom meeting invite will be sent to your preferred email address on file for your account.
November 17, 2020
|CLOSED||Illinois Pharmacists Association||Virtual Zoom Meeting|
November 19, 2020
|CLOSED||MCPHS University||Virtual Zoom Meeting|
December 1, 2020
|CLOSED||Texas Pharmacy Association||Virtual Zoom Meeting|
December 10, 2020
|8:00 AM – 5:00 PM EST||Florida Pharmacy Association||Virtual Zoom Meeting|
If a class is listed as “CLOSED” the program has reached its maximum capacity. If you add a program to your shopping cart but are unable to continue with the registration process because a message indicates that the program is "Full", the class is closed and you will not be able to register.
This certificate training program was developed by the American Pharmacists Association.