The mission of the APhA-APPM Compounding SIG is to provide a professional network for compounding pharmacists and student pharmacists. The APhA-APPM Compounding SIG focuses on education, communication, collaboration, advocacy, and sharing of ideas in compounding pharmacy practice.
The purpose of the APhA-APPM Compounding SIG is to provide a professional network community within APhA-APPM where pharmacists and student pharmacists share ideas, education, and advocacy for compounding pharmacy.
APhA-APPM Compounding SIG Leaders
SIG Committee Leaders
- Regulatory/Legislative Affairs Committee: TBA
- Education/Best Practices Committee: TBA
APhA-APPM Compounding SIG Committees
The Compounding SIG Committees and their charges for 2018-19 are:
- Regulatory/Legislative Affairs Committee
- Monitor state and federal regulatory and legislative activity relevant to compounding
- Report issues of concern to members of the Compounding SIG as they arise
- Solicit SIG member feedback in order to make recommendations to the APhA Government Affairs Committee and Political Action Committee regarding compounding related priorities
- Engage Compounding SIG members to organize grassroots advocacy and public awareness campaigns
- Education/Best Practices Committee
- Survey various sources of information and disseminate information related to prescription compounding and pharmaceutical science; and to share their ideas, best practices, and success stories