Community Pharmacy Residency Excellence in Precepting Award
2020 Community Pharmacy Residency Excellence in Precepting Award recipient Robert T. Willis Jr., PharmD, BCACP
The nominee must be a pharmacist who is a member of APhA and director or preceptor in a community pharmacy residency program. Remington Honor Medalists are not eligible for the award. Self-nominations are not allowed. Applications will be evaluated based upon the following criteria (listed alphabetically; not in rank order):
- APhA and other leadership roles
- Community service
- Influence on the resident and/or residency program
- Innovative practice/scholarly activities
- Promotion/advocacy of community pharmacy residency training
The nominator is responsible for submitting a complete award nomination at the following link: Award Nomination Form. The deadline for nominations is September 1.
The nomination is to include the following items:
- A letter from the nominator describing the most important achievements of the nominee and explaining why the nominee meets the criteria for the award is recommended, but not required.
- Two letters of recommendation are required. One of the letters of recommendation must be from a current or former resident. A maximum of two letters accepted
- A current curriculum vitae or detailed résumé
Nature of award
The award to be presented at the APhA Annual Meeting & Exposition consists of an award, a $250 honorarium, and a complimentary meeting registration.
2020 Robert T. Willis Jr.
2019 Edith Mirzaian
2018 Kristin Casper
2017 Laurie Warrington Fleming
2016 Margie E. Snyder
2015 Joe Moose
2014 Cherokee Layson-Wolf
2013 Sharon S. Gatewood
2012 Melissa Somma McGivney
2011 Stefanie P. Ferreri
2010 Holly Divine
2009 Jeffery A. Goad
2008 Jean-Venable “Kelly” R. Goode
2007 Magaly Rodriguez de Bittner
2006 Warren A. Narducci
2005 Jay D. Currie
2004 Marialice S. Bennett