APhA NPN Community Health Ambassador Program
Serving Communities, Leading the Profession
The APhA New Practitioner Network (NPN) is proud to offer New Practitioners the opportunity to give back to their communities, enhance their communication skills, and promote pharmacist-provided patient care services.
Become a Community Health Ambassador
- Review the background and educational information related to the specific topic
- Review the recorded session on effective communication and patient literacy
- Identify and collaborate with community partner to host the educational session
- Provide education to the community using the provided presentation and materials
- Complete the event summary form
- Guide to Connecting with Community Partners
- Patient Literacy and Communication Skills for Pharmacists
Generation Rx is brought to the APhA New Practitioner Network through a collaboration with the Cardinal Health Foundation, The Ohio State University College of Pharmacy, and the APhA Foundation. Generation Rx is an educational program that increases public awareness of prescription medication abuse and encourages health care providers, community leaders, parents, teens, and college students to actively work to prevent abuse.
With pharmacists as one of the most accessible and trusted members of the health care team, new practitioners have the opportunity to provide greater resources to their communities and their patients by providing education on the safe, appropriate use of dietary supplements. The presentation and resources are brought to the APhA New Practitioner Network with the support of Nature Made Nutritional Products and partnership of the APhA Foundation.