APhA-ASP Generation Rx
Generation Rx is brought to APhA-ASP through a collaboration with the Cardinal Health Foundation, The Ohio State University College of Pharmacy and the APhA Foundation. It is an educational program that increases public awareness of prescription medication abuse and encourages health care providers, community leaders, parents, teens, and college students to actively work to prevent abuse. APhA-ASP is honored to partner with the Cardinal Health Foundation, The Ohio State University College of Pharmacy and the APhA Foundation on this educational program to expand the breadth and depth of this important initiative to the communities surrounding our nation’s schools and colleges of pharmacy.
We challenge every APhA-ASP Chapter to collaborate with pharmacists, educators, community outreach programs, and local organizations in your area to make a difference with Generation Rx. Visit the new Generation Rx Website at GenerationRx.org to explore new resources, videos, and information related to safe medication practices.
Generation Rx Toolkits (Presentations, Handouts, Skits, Games and Resources)
- Elementary Toolkit
- Teen Toolkit
- College Toolkit
- Adult Toolkit
- Senior Toolkit
- Patient-Specific Resources
Do you have a personal story about a chapter educational event or activity related to drug disposal, community engagement, prescriber education, or a member of the public that you had a positive interaction with? We would love to hear about it...Share Your Story Today!
National Council on Patient Information and Education (NCPIE) Resources and Toolkits
- Taking Action to Prevent & Address Prescription Drug Abuse - A Resource Kit for America's College Campuses
- Maximizing Your Role as a Teen Influencer: What You Can Do To Help Prevent Teen Prescription Drug Abuse
- Not Worth the Risk - Even If It's Legal
- Talk About Prescriptions - Educate Before You Medicate
Generation Rx Award Report & Recognition
Recognition will be awarded to the top chapters nationally at the APhA Annual Meeting & Exposition. Chapters receive the following cash awards:
National Award Winning Chapter = $1,000
National 1st Runner-up = $750
National 2nd Runner-up = $500
Regional Award Winning Chapters - Regions 1-8 = $250
The top 3 chapters will receive an all-travel-expense paid trip to Salt Lake City, UT to present their chapter’s programming at the APhA Institute on Alcoholism and Drug Dependencies, held annually in June.
Generation Rx Report Submission
To be considered for regional and national awards for APhA-ASP Generation Rx activities, chapters can complete an essay and submit a separate chronological list for the project events (e.g.Generation Rx Chronological List) within the APhA-ASP Chapter Achievement Report form. Guidelines and information on the submission process can be found within the APhA-ASP Chapter Achievement Report information.
Generation Rx - Goals of Program and Partnership
- Increase awareness among pharmacists and student pharmacists about the opportunity to serve as educators and health information resources regarding prescription medication abuse prevention.
- Increase awareness among pharmacists, student pharmacists, and other healthcare providers about prescription medication abuse.
- Provide pharmacists and student pharmacists with the materials necessary to effectively implement a prescription medication abuse prevention program in their community.
- Encourage student pharmacists to implement prescription medication abuse prevention programming after graduation.
- To promote the profession of pharmacy and its valuable role in the community and in the healthcare delivery system.