Looking for patients? Get your MTM practice "on the map!"
Several of my recent blogs have shown how consumers and the marketplace are warming to medication therapy management (MTM). If you're ready to make the connection with real patients, then we have a website you need to see.
APhA and the Academy of Managed Care Pharmacists have teamed up to create a locator map that shows MTM practitioners in every state. Don't be a needle in the haystack—make yourself easy to be found by managed care, patients, and other pharmacists who want to learn how you're doing it.
Below, I've provided easy steps to get yourself on the map! What are you waiting for?
APhA and the Academy of Managed Care Pharmacy offer a great way to “get connected” through the AMCP/APhA MTM Connections®. APhA member pharmacists are able to create a profile so that managed care insurers who contract with pharmacists to provide MTM can identify and contact them. Pharmacists can search the database of managed care payers to identify the names and contact information of payers contracting with pharmacists in their state. The site also offers a database of searchable annotated bibliographies of published articles and reports on MTM and other patient care services.
Being listed as a pharmacist provider in the AMCP/APhA MTM Connections® database is a valuable APhA member benefit!
APhA member pharmacists can register their profile by:
- Logging-on to MTM Central located at www.pharmacist.com/MTM
- Clicking on the AMCP/APhA MTM Connections® icon in the Featured Items Section (right hand column of main page)
- Clicking on Create a New Profile (Pharmacist)
- Entering your APhA Member ID
- Completing all requested information
- Hitting submit
Not an APhA Member? Not a Problem?
- Join APhA today by visiting www.pharmacist.com/join
- Go to AMCP/APhA MTM Connections® as above
- When completing profile check box for "Awaiting new APhA Member ID"