The Pharmacist & Patient-Centered Diabetes Care Training 2017
Important Facts, Please Read
- Scroll below and click on the desired date/city/state.
- Click View Schedule to see seminar date and location.
- Select desired seminar date / location and proceed through checkout.
- Before purchasing this session, please verify that this is the seminar for which you would like to enroll .
- The $99 program fee is non-refundable and you may not switch sessions after purchase.
- Please make note of the address for booking your personal lodging (if needed).
- Once purchased, you can also view the address under My Meetings on your My Account page.
- Once purchase has been made, your enrollment is ready to start. Go to Learn, My Training, at which time you can begin studying. If you are still having issues finding the activity and materials for which you have already registered, please read these instructions.
- At the live seminar, each participant who attends the entire seminar will be given an attendance code which has a short expiration date. If you do not enter your code into your activity before the expiration date, APhA will require the submission of the request form with a $150 payment for APhA to reopen the session code.
The Pharmacist and Patient-Centered Diabetes Care certificate training program is a newly revised, practice-based activity designed to equip pharmacists with the knowledge, skills, and confidence needed to provide effective, evidence-based diabetes care. Five self-study modules provide comprehensive instruction in current diabetes concepts and standards of care. The live seminar incorporates case studies and hands-on skills training focused on the situations most likely to be encountered—as well as the services most needed—in community and ambulatory care practice settings. Participants will gain experience evaluating and adjusting drug therapy regimens for patients with type 1 and type 2 diabetes, counseling patients about lifestyle interventions, analyzing and interpreting self-monitoring of blood glucose results, and assessing the overall health status of patients to identify needed monitoring and interventions.
NEW - APhA is announcing new offerings of The Pharmacist and Patient-Centered Diabetes Care certificate training program in 2017. Supported by educational grants from Merck and Novo Nordisk, APhA will conduct these special programs for a nominal fee of $99 to participate.
Locations and dates are listed below so register now! Registration is limited to 65 participants for each session.
|Florida Pharmacy Association
In conjunction with FPA's Annual Meeting and Convention
St. Louis, MO
|Illinois Pharmacists Association
In conjunction with the IPhA and MPA Annual Convention
|North Carolina Associaton of Pharmacists
In conjunction with NCAP's Annual Convention
|Mississippi Pharmacists Association|
|Texas Pharmacy Association|
|Oregon State Pharmacists Association|
If a class is listed as “CLOSED” then enrollments are no longer allowed because the program has reached its maximum capacity. Some of the programs listed above may have just reached their maximum capacity but it is not yet reflected on this page. If you add a program to your "shopping cart" but are unable to continue with the registration process because a message indicates that the program is "full" then the class is closed and you will not be able to register. We make every attempt to keep this webpage as up-to-date as possible.
This certificate training program was developed by APhA.