The American Pharmacists Association (APhA) has designed Test Your Knowledge: Immunization Delivery to help you provide the most up-to-date immunization care. Test Your Knowledge: Immunization Delivery consists of resource materials, learning reinforcement exercises and an assessment. All activities are related to various topics in immunization care.
At the completion of this activity, pharmacists will be able to:
- Explain the recent expansion of the role of pharmacists as vaccine providers and describe the status of pharmacists’ authorization to administer vaccines throughout the United States.
- Describe the characteristics of various vaccine types and the rationale for the timing of these vaccines.
- Describe the clinical features and potential complications of diseases and the vaccines used to prevent them.
- Identify vaccines on an immunization schedule from the Advisory Committee on Immunization Practices with their appropriate timing, doses, and routes of administration.
- Describe important considerations when deciding which vaccines to offer.
- Describe the benefits of vaccines and the common concerns about vaccines.
Program Completion Requirements
To earn continuing pharmacy education (CPE) credit and/or a Letter of Completion, participants must meet the following requirements:
- Complete the learning reinforcement exercises.
- Complete the program assessment and evaluation. Participants must achieve a passing score of 70% or better on the assessment for successful completion.
CPE credit will be available through CPE Monitor upon successful “Claim” of credit. The Letter of Completion will be available online for immediate printing on participant’s “My Training” page on www.pharmacist.com
Continuing Pharmacy Education (CPE) Information
The American Pharmacists Association is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Pharmacy Education as a provider of continuing pharmacy education.
The self-study program, Test Your Knowledge: Immunization Delivery, is approved for 2 contact hours (0.2 CEUs) of continuing pharmacy education credit (UAN 0202-0000-17-253-H06-P)
Release Date: October 26, 2017
Expiration Date: October 31, 2018
Activity Type: Knowledge-based
Target Audience: Pharmacists in all practice settings
Computer and internet access are required to complete this activity. Please visit our website to view the Technology System Requirements for a positive learning experience.