The APhA Community Pharmacy Residency Excellence in Precepting Award recognizes a community pharmacy residency director or preceptor who has demonstrated excellence in precepting, mentoring, leadership, and community pharmacy residency program administration. The award, established in 2003, is intended to recognize pharmacy practitioners who excel as community pharmacy residency directors or preceptors.
2017 recipient Laurie Warrington Fleming (left) with APhA President Jean-Venable "Kelly" R. Goode
The nominee must be a pharmacist who is a Member of APhA and director or preceptor in a community pharmacy residency program. Remington medalists are not eligible for the award. Self-nominations are not allowed. Applications will be evaluated based upon the following criteria (listed alphabetically; not in rank order):
• APhA and other leadership roles
• Community service
• Influence on the resident and/or residency program
• Innovative practice/scholarly activities
• Promotion/advocacy of community pharmacy residency training
The nominator is responsible for submitting a complete award nomination at the following link: Award Nomination Form
. The deadline for nominations is September 1
. The nomination is to include the following items:
• A letter from the nominator describing the most important achievements of the nominee and explaining why the nominee meets the criteria for the award is recommended, but not required.
• Two (2) letters of recommendation are required. One (1) of the letters of recommendation must be from a current or former resident. A maximum of two (2) letters accepted
• A current CV or detailed resumé
Selection is made by the past recipients of the award. Award recipients are selected based upon careful review of complete nominations.
Nature of Award
The award to be presented at the APhA Annual Meeting consists of an award, a $250 honorarium, and a complimentary meeting registration.
2004 Marialice S. Bennett
2005 Jay D. Currie
2006 Warren A. Narducci
2007 Magaly Rodriguez de Bittner
2008 Jean-Venable “Kelly” R. Goode
2009 Jeffery A. Goad
2010 Holly Divine
2011 Stefanie P. Ferreri
2012 Melissa Somma McGivney
2013 Sharon S. Gatewood
2014 Cherokee Layson-Wolf
2015 Joe Moose
2016 Margie E. Snyder
2017 Laurie Warrington Fleming