A compilation of resources to help pharmacist decision-making and improve communication with patients, such as the Pharmacy Quality Alliance's Opioid Core Measure Set, warning signs related to prescribing and dispensing controlled substances, and medicines recommended for disposal by flushing.
- Opioid Core Measure Set (Pharmacy Quality Alliance)
- Opioid Overdose Reversal with Naloxone (NIDA)
- Naloxone (SAMHSA)
- SAMHSA Guidance: Medications for Opioid Use Disorder (February 2018)
- Naloxone Supplement (Journal of the American Pharmacists Association) (March/April 2017)
- CDC Patient and Provider Videos (December 2016)
- Pharmacists: On the Front Lines (CDC brochure, October 2016)
- Pharmacist Compassionate Accurate Responsive Educational (CARE) Program: Taking CARE Video
- Taking Care: The Pharmacists Role in Caring for Patients with Pain
- Poster: Do you suffer from pain? Your Pharmacist can help.
- Association Report: Opioid overdose prevention (Journal of the American Pharmacists Association) (2015)
- CDC Guideline for Prescribing Opioids for Chronic Pain (March 2016)