APhA Vision, Mission, Value Statements
APhA is the organization whose members are recognized in society as essential in all patient care settings for optimal medication use that improves health, wellness, and quality of life.
Adopted by the APhA Board of Trustees – September 2006
The American Pharmacists Association empowers its members to improve medication use and advance patient care. APhA will accomplish this by:
- Providing timely and accurate information that is vital to our members.
- Raising societal awareness about the role of pharmacists as essential in patient care for optimal medication use.
- Providing state-of-the art resources to enhance our members’ continuing professional development.
- Educating and influencing legislators, policy makers, regulators, and the public to advance our vision and mission.
- Creating unique opportunities for our members to connect and share with their peers across practice settings.
Adopted by the APhA Board of Trustees – June 2011
APhA Board, staff, and volunteers are committed to living the following Core Values to create an environment conducive to the enhancement, development and support of our APhA community.
- Accountability: We hold ourselves to the highest standards of performance toward reasonable and achievable goals. We accept responsibility for the outcome of our work, as well as the process that leads to it.
- Collaboration: We are unified by a common purpose. We encourage communication, coordination and team-based approaches to address clearly stated goals and objectives.
- Integrity: We operate with honesty, fairness, and the highest ethical standards to sustain a community of professionalism and trust.
- Respect: We promote a culture of inclusiveness, celebrate our diversity by treating all people equally, value individual contributions and encourage open and effective communication.
- Quality: We strive for excellence in everything we do, and continuously look for innovative ways to improve our work.
Approved by the APhA Board of Trustees, June 2010.