APhA-APPM Special Interest Groups (SIGs)
Join an APhA Academy of Pharmacy Practice and Management (APhA-APPM) Special Interest Group:
The Compounding SIG is a network community within APhA-APPM where pharmacists and student pharmacists share ideas, education, and advocacy for compounding pharmacy.
Diabetes Management SIG
The Diabetes Management SIG is a network for pharmacists and student pharmacists who share an interest in the area of diabetes management.
Immunizing Pharmacists SIG
The Immunizing Pharmacists SIG is a network for pharmacists and student pharmacists who share an interest in the area of immunizations.
Medical Home/ACO SIG
The Medical Home/ACO SIG is a network for practitioners, administrators and educators who share an interest regarding new models for patient care, specifically the patient–centered medical home and accountable care organizations (ACOs).
Medication Management SIG
The Medication Management SIG provides pharmacists from different practice areas an opportunity to communicate professional interests, concerns, and prospective goals for MTM services.
Nuclear Pharmacy Practice SIG
The Nuclear Pharmacy Practice SIG serves pharmacists involved in the specialty practice of nuclear pharmacy by providing its stakeholders an avenue in which to fulfill individual professional goals and support the goals of the Academy.
Pain, Palliative Care and Addiction SIG
The Pain, Palliative Care and Addiction SIG supports pharmacists and student pharmacist interns who care for individuals with acute/chronic pain and pain associated with life limiting illnesses. The SIG also focuses on associated addictions of any kind.
The Preceptor SIG is a professional network of pharmacists who share an interest in any or all aspects of precepting student pharmacists and/or pharmacy residents.
Transitions of Care SIG
The Transitions of Care SIG is a professional network of pharmacists and pharmacy technicians working to overcome transitional challenge and enhance collaboration among pharmacists in all practice setting as they provide care to patients during transition to/from various practice settings.
Connect with SIG leaders and members via APhA-APPM SIG ENGAGE communities:
Getting Started Video Library for APhA ENGAGE, your members-only online discussion community
- Learn: Make New Contacts on APhA ENGAGE (1 min 3 sec)
- Explore: APhA ENGAGE Communities and Discussion Boards (4 min 27 sec)
- Share and Search: Member-Contributed Resources like PDFs, Word docs, tutorials, and webinars within your APhA ENGAGE communities (2 min 26 sec)
Start networking with SIG members on APhA ENGAGE by following these few easy steps:
- Log into pharmacist.com with your username and password.
- Click on "My Account".
- Select "Academies, Sections, and SIGs" on the left-hand side of the page.
- Click on "Edit" in the right-hand side of the page.
- Under "Primary Academy" select "APhA-APPM". You may choose additional academy of "APhA-APRS".
- Under "APhA-APPM Special Interest Groups (APhA-APPM SIGs)" check the box next to all SIGs of interest.
- Once the above steps have been completed, visit APhA ENGAGE at http://engage.pharmacist.com and JOIN your chosen SIG community(s) in APhA ENGAGE.
Tech questions? Contact Elizabeth Douglass, APhA ENGAGE staff manager at email@example.com.
Questions or suggestions for community-related content? Contact Margaret Tomecki at firstname.lastname@example.org.