Nominees must be a pharmacist Member of APhA, a member of APhA-APPM, and have distinguished himself/herself and the profession of pharmacy by sustained outstanding performance and achievement in the area of pharmacy management. Remington Medalists are not eligible for this award. Nominees will be evaluated based upon the following criteria (listed alphabetically; not in rank order):
• APhA related activities
• Awards and recognition
• Community service
• Impact on Practice & Profession
• Participation in other professional associations
The nominator is responsible for submitting a complete award nomination. The deadline for nominations is September 1, annually.
The nomination is to include the following items:
• A letter of nomination describing the most important achievements of the nominee and explaining why the nominee meets the criteria for the award
• One (1) letter of recommendation from someone other than the nominator is required, up to two (2) letters are accepted
• A current CV or detailed resume
The selection is made by the APhA-APPM Awards Committee based upon careful review of the complete nominations and criteria as listed above. Particular attention will be given to the individual’s impact on the profession.
Nature of Award
The award will be presented at the APhA Annual meeting and consists of a recognition piece and pin. The recipient will also receive and complimentary APhA Annual Meeting registration and reimbursement for meeting-related travel expenses, according to current travel policies and up to the maximum amount budgeted by APhA.
2013 Eric Shalita
2014 Timothy Stroup
2015 Michael D. Hogue
2016 William F. Sheridan II
2017 Theresa Tolle