The 2017-2018 APhA-APPM Goals reflect the Academy’s focus on the growth of Special Interest Groups (SIGs), leadership development, development of innovative materials to assist pharmacists in offering best-practice services, promotion of and participation in MTM services, coordinated care models and provider status.
2017-2018 APhA-APPM Goals:
- Align APhA-APPM Academy Leadership priority goals, objectives, tactics and action steps to the strategic plan priorities of the Association.
- Actively engage members to provide feedback, input, and guidance to Staff in the completion of work products of the Association.
- Convene and engage members in structured workgroups to complete projects with defined scope of work that produces specific deliverables and work products.
- Optimize the value of APhA membership through active participation of members in the APhA-APPM SIG structure.
- Evaluate the structure, functioning, activities, outcomes and resource needs of the SIGs and make appropriate recommendations to the Board by September 2017.
- Contribute to the development of resources to assist pharmacists to fully engage in the integrated care models and opportunities resulting from passage of provider status.
- Develop leaders for the Association and the profession.
- Work with APhA-APRS to develop a process to support the Association’s development of leaders.
- Working with the other Academies, identify and develop guidance to Academy members addressing a patient care referral system for pharmacy.